The SUTD Audio Research Group is hiring!
1. Postdoc Fellow. Music emotion classification and auto labelling.
2. PhD Student. Audio Research.
1. Postdoc Fellow. Music emotion classification and auto labelling
An audio content based semantic emotional music search algorithm
- Audio information retrieval (e.g. MFCC, LPC, FFT, formant analysis, temporal feature analysis).
- Machine learning (e.g. Deep neural network, Bayesian network, SVM, HMM, PCA) and statistical analysis.
- Some knowledge in affective computing (e.g. emotion, semantics, EEG, EKG, Skin conductance).
- (Optional) experience in mobile app programming (web or native app, in any programming language).
1.5 year. Expect to start at 1-Oct-2016.
To Apply: please send your CV to Dr. Simon LUI: simon_lui [at] sutd.edu.sg
2. PhD Student. Audio research
About the SUTD PhD Programme: here
Application Deadline: Recruitment will continue until all positions are filled
Commencement Date: Jan or Sep
Residency: 3-5 years, Full-time
Dr. Simon LUI, from the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), The Pilliar of Information System Technology and Design (ISTD), is now looking for PhD student(s) to work on any interesting topic in audio research.
The SUTD Audio Research Group
Successful candidate will be working with the SUTD audio research group (ARG). The SUTD ARG is a brand new group formed by young and energetic faculties/researchers with strong passion on novel and pioneer audio research. We are in close collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU), The National University of Singapore (NUS), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), and Purdue University Calumet. We also have various industry partners including Apple Inc, SingTel, HTC Singapore, Sennheiser, as well as close connection with the music production individuals.
A highly competitive package will be offered. As an example, here it is the package received by the three Ph.D. students in the SUTD Audio Research Group.
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of SG$3,000
- Annual conference funding support
- Opportunities for overseas research attachments
- Research Project Funded by the SUTD Audio Research Group
Please find the full list of scholarships: http://www.sutd.edu.sg/phd_scholarships.aspx
For further discussion, please send a CV to Dr. Simon LUI: simon_lui [at] sutd.edu.sg