Developed by NUSHS student, Silver Award in Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF 2014)!
Will be presented in NIME2014, acceptance rate 25% this year!
Developed by SUTD students. Check it out!
Check out our music emotion research evaluated with biofeedback such as skin-conductance, EEG and EKG!
A synchronous music therapy game designed for stroke rehabilitation
7. “An audio content based semantic music search system”. The Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) 11th Innovation Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Co-PI: Dr. Hock Beng Lim (SUTD), Collaborator: Dr. Konstantinos Trochidis (New York University), Dr. Magesh Chandramouli (Purdue University Calumet), Warner Hong (Code Free Soft Ltd). 1 Jan 2017 – 31 Jan 2019. S$ 246,880. [New]
6. “Development of an intuitive interactive platform for pre-operative communication between hospital and patients/caregivers – towards community partnership for peri-operative person based healthcare model.” Surgery ACP-SUTD Strategic Joint Research Fund (SJRF). Principal Investigator (Technical): Dr. Simon Lui. Principal Investigator (Clincial): Dr. Hee Hwan Ing (KKH). Co-PI: Kavitha Raghavan (KKH), Collaborator: Dr. Magesh Chandramouli (Purdue University Calumet). 1 Apr 2016 – 31 Mar 2017. S$ 49,880. [New]
5. “Teaching and Learning English Pronunciation by Generating the Vocal Tract Shapes from the Frequency Domain Information”. MOE Academies Fund (MAF). Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Co-PI: Assoc Lubna Alsagoff (NIE), Dr. Chen Jer-Ming (SUTD), Collaborator: Jennifer Lui (ELIS). 18 Feb 2016 – 17 Feb 2018. SGD $241,539. [New]
4. “SYNCBEAT: A personalised music-aid application to enhance auditory-motor synchronization in running”. Singapore Sports Science & Technology Research Grant (SSSTRG). Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Co-PI: Dr. Konstantinos Trochidis (New York University). Collaborators: Dr Low Chee Yong, Dr Harry Lim Ban Teck (Singapore Sports School). 1 Dec 2014 – 31 Nov 2016. SGD $49,943
3. “Combining Music Therapeutic Knowledge and the Science of Recovery In Game Design for Therapy and Rehabilitation”. Media Development Authority (MDA), SUTD Project GREAT. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Collaborator: Assoc Prof Rickard Liow Susan (NUH), Dr Young Selena Ee-Li (KKH), Ms Lee Shi Mei Karen (KKH). 1 Apr 2016 – 31 Mar 2017. SGD $116,000.
2. “Audio aid design for the disabled people”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. With Dr. Hyowon Lee, SUTD; Dr. Yow Wei Quin, SUTD; Prof. Louis D. Braida, MIT. 15 Jun 2012 – 14 Dec 2015. SGD $499,880
1. “Semantic audio information retrieval”. SUTD Start-up Research Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. 1 Mar 2012 – 28 Feb 2017. SGD $100,000
1. “User Interface Design Model for Serious Games in Hand Rehabilitation”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Grant (IDG31300111). Principle Investigator: Dr. Hyowon Lee. Co-PI: Dr. Yoong Cheah Huei, Dr. Simon Lui. 18 Nov 2013 – 17 Nov 2016. SGD $77,200
4. “Binaural Navigation”. Silver Award, Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF 2014).
Team member: Lee Tae Hoon, Manish Reddy Vuyyuru and T Ananda Kumar, Supervisor: Dr Chiam Sher Yi, Ms Yenny Wijaya (NUS High School), Supervisor: Dr Simon Lui (SUTD).
3. “DaEnhanced Calendar iPhone Application for University Students”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Undergraduate Project. Team member: Liu Weilong, Xia Tian, Xu Lu, Wang Bolun; Faculty Mentor: Dr. Simon Lui; 25 Mar 2013 – 24 Mar 2014. SGD $3900
2. “SUTD Laboratory Management System Research and Development”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Undergraduate Project. Team member: Sim Glenn , Junhua Liu; Faculty Mentor: Dr. Simon Lui; Collaborator: Joel Haw. 16 July 2012 – 15 July 2013. SGD $2000
1. “Showroom”. Explorer Grant, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) (EG11008). Team Leader: Edward Tiong; Team Member: Olivia Wen Seow, Yong Cheng Toh; Faculty Mentor: Dr. Simon Lui. 5 Apr 2012 – 4 Apr 2013. SGD $39137
1. “The SUTD iDiA Lab mobile app development kit”. The SUTD-MIT International Design Centre (IDC) Infrastructure Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui, Dr. Cheung Ngai-man, Dr. Jason Gu, Dr. Stanley Kok, Dr. Suranga Chandima Nanayakkara, and Dr. Justin Ruths. 1 Aug 2013 – 31 Mar 2014. SGD $118,620
Prof Simon Lui
- Audio Information Retrieval and retargeting
- New Interface for music application
- Music on mobile
- Music therapy application
- Music for sports, Auditory-Motor synchronisation
- Audio visualization