A synchronous music therapy game designed for stroke rehabilitation
Developed by SUTD students. Check it out!
How to earn HK$40000/month for app development? Read our story. 寫app能月入四萬？看看我們的故事吧！
Developed by NUSHS student, Silver Award in Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF 2014)!
Check out our music emotion research evaluated with biofeedback such as skin-conductance, EEG and EKG!
7. “An audio content based semantic music search system”. The Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) 11th Innovation Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Co-PI: Dr. Hock Beng Lim (SUTD), Collaborator: Dr. Konstantinos Trochidis (New York University), Dr. Magesh Chandramouli (Purdue University Calumet), Warner Hong (Code Free Soft Ltd). 1 Jan 2017 – 31 Jan 2019. S$ 246,880. [New]
6. “Development of an intuitive interactive platform for pre-operative communication between hospital and patients/caregivers – towards community partnership for peri-operative person based healthcare model.” Surgery ACP-SUTD Strategic Joint Research Fund (SJRF). Principal Investigator (Technical): Dr. Simon Lui. Principal Investigator (Clincial): Dr. Hee Hwan Ing (KKH). Co-PI: Kavitha Raghavan (KKH), Collaborator: Dr. Magesh Chandramouli (Purdue University Calumet). 1 Apr 2016 – 31 Mar 2017. S$ 49,880. [New]
5. “Teaching and Learning English Pronunciation by Generating the Vocal Tract Shapes from the Frequency Domain Information”. MOE Academies Fund (MAF). Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Co-PI: Assoc Lubna Alsagoff (NIE), Dr. Chen Jer-Ming (SUTD), Collaborator: Jennifer Lui (ELIS). 18 Feb 2016 – 17 Feb 2018. SGD $241,539. [New]
4. “SYNCBEAT: A personalised music-aid application to enhance auditory-motor synchronization in running”. Singapore Sports Science & Technology Research Grant (SSSTRG). Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Co-PI: Dr. Konstantinos Trochidis (New York University). Collaborators: Dr Low Chee Yong, Dr Harry Lim Ban Teck (Singapore Sports School). 1 Dec 2014 – 31 Nov 2016. SGD $49,943
3. “Combining Music Therapeutic Knowledge and the Science of Recovery In Game Design for Therapy and Rehabilitation”. Media Development Authority (MDA), SUTD Project GREAT. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. Collaborator: Assoc Prof Rickard Liow Susan (NUH), Dr Young Selena Ee-Li (KKH), Ms Lee Shi Mei Karen (KKH). 1 Apr 2016 – 31 Mar 2017. SGD $116,000.
2. “Audio aid design for the disabled people”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. With Dr. Hyowon Lee, SUTD; Dr. Yow Wei Quin, SUTD; Prof. Louis D. Braida, MIT. 15 Jun 2012 – 14 Dec 2015. SGD $499,880
1. “Semantic audio information retrieval”. SUTD Start-up Research Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui. 1 Mar 2012 – 28 Feb 2017. SGD $100,000
1. “User Interface Design Model for Serious Games in Hand Rehabilitation”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Grant (IDG31300111). Principle Investigator: Dr. Hyowon Lee. Co-PI: Dr. Yoong Cheah Huei, Dr. Simon Lui. 18 Nov 2013 – 17 Nov 2016. SGD $77,200
4. “Binaural Navigation”. Silver Award, Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF 2014).
Team member: Lee Tae Hoon, Manish Reddy Vuyyuru and T Ananda Kumar, Supervisor: Dr Chiam Sher Yi, Ms Yenny Wijaya (NUS High School), Supervisor: Dr Simon Lui (SUTD).
3. “DaEnhanced Calendar iPhone Application for University Students”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Undergraduate Project. Team member: Liu Weilong, Xia Tian, Xu Lu, Wang Bolun; Faculty Mentor: Dr. Simon Lui; 25 Mar 2013 – 24 Mar 2014. SGD $3900
2. “SUTD Laboratory Management System Research and Development”. SUTD-MIT International Design Center Undergraduate Project. Team member: Sim Glenn , Junhua Liu; Faculty Mentor: Dr. Simon Lui; Collaborator: Joel Haw. 16 July 2012 – 15 July 2013. SGD $2000
1. “Showroom”. Explorer Grant, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) (EG11008). Team Leader: Edward Tiong; Team Member: Olivia Wen Seow, Yong Cheng Toh; Faculty Mentor: Dr. Simon Lui. 5 Apr 2012 – 4 Apr 2013. SGD $39137
1. “The SUTD iDiA Lab mobile app development kit”. The SUTD-MIT International Design Centre (IDC) Infrastructure Grant. Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon Lui, Dr. Cheung Ngai-man, Dr. Jason Gu, Dr. Stanley Kok, Dr. Suranga Chandima Nanayakkara, and Dr. Justin Ruths. 1 Aug 2013 – 31 Mar 2014. SGD $118,620
Prof Simon Lui
- Audio Information Retrieval and retargeting
- New Interface for music application
- Music on mobile
- Music therapy application
- Music for sports, Auditory-Motor synchronisation
- Audio visualization